- 4 Selectable & Configurable Detector Settings
- Large Backlit LCD for Ease of Reading
- Rate, Max and Count Modes of Operation
- Splash-Resistant Construction for Outdoor Use
- 4-Button Intuitive Interface for Easy Operation
- All-Digital Calibration
- USB Port
- Lighter Weight and Ruggedly Built
- Datalogging and Headphone Options
The Ludlum Model 3001 is a versatile, light-weight,
ergonomically-designed instrument with up to four external detectors used for alpha,
beta or gamma radiation survey.
Three modes of operation - RATE, MAX and COUNT - are
available. Measurements can be collected in two sets of units (primary and secondary)
for RATE and MAX modes in cps, cpm, Bq, dpm, mR/hr or µSv/h units. Users can switch
between two sets of chosen units by simply pressing the Units button. The Detector
button selects the color-coded detector and activates the corresponding color LED.
An internal switch is used to enable or disable the front panel setup feature to
protect desired settings from inadvertent modification. Setup is also available
via software available.
The Ludlum Model 3001 instrument features a
large, easily-readable LCD
(liquid crystal display), a piercing audio warning tone, and easy, intuitive,
user-friendly design. Splash-resistant construction allows the
Ludlum Model 3001 to be used out-doors.
The unit body is made of lightweight, durable high-impact plastic.
The Ludlum Model 3001 is shipped ready to use
with batteries and calibration certificate.
- DETECTOR: may be Geiger-Mueller (GM), scintillator, or proportional
- ALARMS: count rate, exposure/dose, and scaler alarm setpoints adjustable over the display range
- OVERLOAD: high count rate saturation protection prevents false display of lower count rates
- LOSS OF COUNT ALARM PROTECTION: after preselected time interval (default 60 seconds) of no pulses from detector, audible and visual alarms will be activated
- LCD DISPLAY: 3 digit LCD with large 20 mm (0.8 in.) digits, (k)cps, (k)cpm, (k)Bq, (k)dpm, (µ)(m)R(/h), (µ)(m)Sv(/h), low-battery indicator, MAX, ALARM, AUDIO
- DISPLAY RANGE: 0.0 cps to 99.9 kcps; 0.00 cpm to 999 kcpm; 0.00 Bq to 99.9 kBq; 0.00 dpm to 999 kdpm; 0.00 µR/h to 999 R/h; 0.00 µSv/h to 999 Sv/h. Max Display can be set to limit display to cali-brated range
- BACKLIGHT: built-in ambient light sensor automatically activates LED backlight, unless internal dip-switch is set to continuous-On (will reduce battery life)
- USER CONTROLS:
ON/ACK - press to turn ON, tap to acknowledge alarms and silence alarm tone, press to reset Sigma Audio alarm, hold for OFF
MODE - alternates between NORMAL (count rate), MAX (captures peak rate), and COUNT (user-selectable preset count time from 0 to 10 minutes). Number of modes can be reduced in setup.
DETECTOR selects active detector
UNITS - changes the units between count rate (cpm, cps), dose/exposure (µSv/h, mR/h), or disinte-gration (dpm, Bq)
- RESPONSE TIME: user-selectable from 1 to 60 seconds, or Auto-Response Rate FAST or SLOW
- AUDIO: greater than 75 dB at 0.6 m (2 ft), approximately 4.5 kHz
- POWER: four alkaline or four rechargeable "AA" batteries (instrument does not support in-device charging)
- BATTERY LIFE: approximately 500 hours (as low as 100 hours with backlight configured for continuous-on), 16-hour low battery warning
- CONSTRUCTION: high-impact plastic with water-resistant rubber seals and separate battery compartment
- TEMPERATURE RANGE: -20 to 50 ºC (-5 to 122 ºF), may be certified for operation from -40 to 65 ºC (-40 to 150 ºF)
Ludlum 3001 Printable Info Sheet (PDF)